Sunday, February 23, 2014

Metaphysical

Which event is the event? 

How can you tell whether what you are doing is the thing being done or the commentary upon it?

When does the alternative become the norm?

Here’s one thing I know: that was a nice ride through the woods. 

It’s fun not to have to worry too much about how to get where you’re going; Disneyland with seatbelts for grownups; that’s how comfortable it feels at this point.

I remembered a minor shortcut at the beginning and then, the general shape of things: you can be pretty confident that whenever you go down, you’re going to have to go up again.

A somewhat smaller crowd than usual of late and not a single unicycle in sight.  I missed the opportunity to climb for whiskey, but, at least, I didn’t drop my bike on the ferry and have two months of wrist recovery like last year.

Why do we do these things?

A hamster, of course, will spin the wheel; we’re apparently willing to explore the same dynamic by circumnavigating an island; I’ve no complaints about this; it’s just amusing to see how picturesque is our favored contraption, in spite of the fact that many of those bedecked in fluorescents seemed overly eager to be done with the whole thing.

Having experiences cannot possibly be about having had them, although, increasingly, it seems like there’s some of that.

Here I am, after all, reminiscing, when the whole day is still warm.

Somehow, I managed to miss one last trail; instead, I caught a boat, but if the result of that is a heightened likelihood of a slightly simpler future, then so be it.

It’s important, I think, to sometimes ride no-handed; this will remind you how easily one balances when conditions are right.

Never underestimate, though, how magical and marvelous is such an opportunity, 

And note how this time it’s pulled  off with a minimum of effort pretty much by accident on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment